Saturday, October 30, 2004

It's Here

Jen! Where are you, and why haven't you answered your cell?

I don't see how you would check here before checking voicemail, but just in case, call me. I got home from work at about 7pm, and saw Sweatsuit Man driving out of the alley, in his pickup. I don't know if I was just fed up, or suspicious, but this time I followed him. It was night and I felt that I could follow at a reasonable distance without drawing much attention. If he knew my car, it would've been harder to identify at night. Anyway.

He drove north on Highland and entered the 101 westbound. We stayed on the freeway all the way to the 405, where he merged north, for the valley. There was some heavy traffic there, and for a few minutes I couldn't see the pickup, but I found him again as we passed Victory.

He exited Sherman Way and headed east. Then I got stuck at a light at the Northridge med center and lost him again. I just kept driving and looking. I thought I saw a pickup take a right on a residential street and followed. I had no idea where I was, no way to write down the street names. I have Mapquest open in another window right now, I'm narrowing it down, trying to recognize familiar names.

I had gotten lost after taking too many zig-zags, chasing after tail lights. Some of the stop signs had no street labels. Just an unmarked intersection. But I know the general area. And I made my way back to the freeway. I can retrace my steps in the daylight.

I found the house, Jen. And the pickup. It's the same house. The lights weren't on but I could see it well enough under the streetlamp. Same floorplan, same elevation. Not sure if the gate had a plank missing, it was too dark. But it's the one.

I called Cameron as soon as I got to a place where I had a signal again. He's on his way over. Connie is at her mother's this weekend. I think we're going to go over tomorrow, middle of the day, and confront the man. I'll round up anyone else I can, too. Power in numbers.

If, given the chance, we can enter the house, I'm undecided. I want to be able to put a stop to this madness, to expose or explain it, and that may require going inside and facing the madness.

But this time, we won't be unprepared.

5 Comments:

Blogger SlimJimGuyMan1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just for accuracy in your story, if you were heading on the 405 north and you got off at sherman way to head for northridge, you'd want to go west, not east :)

loved the story, and until i read the comments i swore this was real.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dudes this is friggen real! i know it for a fact!! I believe every word and i wanna help really bad!! if u need help say so on here or what ever (jellybracletchic is my AIM name)!! stay brave!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascinating, it would appear to be a manifistation of a predatory nature, if you need gatekeeper assistence post back here and let me know.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where anywhere does it say that this is a hoax? i have read every bit of it and it seems very much like it could go either way. so i can say bravo or i can say WTF.
either way if this is an elaborate ghost story then cheers! if not then stranger things have happened... if anyone else reads this and is into really well written creepy stuff try House Of Leaves. it's written very much like this.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home