Wednesday, October 27, 2004

A Dose of Normalcy

Good news, Jen. Not all things are crazy!

I realized that today after shirking off this sense of suspicion and paranoia I've been carrying around. Maybe it will help you too. I'm just going to rattle off a few things here, call it a mental exercise, call it what you will. It's helped me calm down.
  • The car drove smoothly today. No engine hiccups.
  • It actually rained here last night, and the air has that crisp feel to it. I walked to lunch from the office and passed by all these people who were out, people with normal lives. I stood next to a guy at the crosswalk and listened to him chat to a friend on his cell phone about GTA: San Andreas.
  • I brought home sushi take-out for Connie. She's finally able to eat regularly again, and I know she's been craving it. When she gets really excited or happy, it's like she can't talk, she just makes this high-pitched giggle-squeal and claps the palms of her hands. I absolutely adore that about her.
    Sushi = squeal-worthy. :-)
  • No sign of Sweatsuit Man. I think he's gone.
So, yeah. There's plenty of good things going on. I can't let the bad thoughts creep in and ruin the rest.

I hope you have some good ones, too.
And I'll let you know when the FedEx guy shows up with the laptop.

2 Comments:

Blogger JennyLevin said...

Thank you for that note! Sorry I haven't been by here in a couple days... Just spent the day printing up flyers with Mark's photo on them... I know it won't really do any good, but it makes me feel like I'm at least being productive some way...

And it keeps me from thinking about the flytrap...

12:00 AM  
Blogger Zan said...

I hope my consistent comments aren't fueling your paranoia. I'm just a guy from the side lines wishing he could help.

Anywho, I'm glad to hear your life is smoothing out a bit.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home